Monday, March 29, 2010

The Future of Media #80: Movies

For me, the future of watching movies on-line will depend on whether I can do so dependably, at the time of my choosing, with good sound and focus, and without glitches and delays. Other factors involved are the viewing size [a large enough computer monitor], the availability of the home computer, and the possibility of on-line connection problems.

With DVDs I've come to love the extras, interviews, narration tracks, and chapter stops, [so I can pick up where I left off if I'm watching a movie over several nights].

Movie Trailers: I've loved watching movie trailers on-line for years. I can watch exactly the ones I want to see and avoid those with story lines I'd hate [trailers I'd be forced to watch in the theatre]. Trailers are available to me more quickly and conveniently on-line than almost any other method.
And if I suffer playback problems I haven't invested a lot of time, compaired to trying to watch a TV show or movie on-line and having it fail in the middle.

Movie trailers are even useful to me in my work duties, the reseaching of forthcoming Children's books, since almost every movie released means the publication of tie-in books.

I love watching movies and TV shows. But I also like recording and collecting my favorites, which I can't do from the computer at the moment. Or, I just haven't learned how yet.

No comments: