Thursday, April 29, 2010

Publishing Evolution #84: Writer Communities & Author Websites

Exercises:
1.Have you contacted your favorite authors or gone to their websites? Do you like knowing more or less about them? Search for your favorite author; do they have a website or blog? Can you interact with them via web?
I have a good friend who is such an author and I enjoy this type of additional interaction and depth of content.

2. Does the idea of a book being published based on popular vote give you more or less faith in the material?
No, not really. The “American Idol” aspect of voting for favorites doesn’t have much appeal for me, or the obligation that comes with it to vote one way or the other. I’d rather be comfortable just liking what I like. If I learn a favorite of mine has been voted “#1” this week I could feel a little too common and “trendy,” but on the other hand I don’t like learning a favorite has been panned and ridiculed as a loser either.

No comments: