Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Spring Cleaning #30: Hard Drives

So I trekked up and down through hard drives and cleaned what I could. I saw files it was nice to rediscover, and some I never cared much for in the first place and wiped them without mercy.

I 'scraped' wallpaper pictures from my C: drive. I'd accumulated a bunch from the web on spur of the moment and came to realize, like clothes in the back of the closet, there were a lot I always skipped past in order to get to my favorites.

And I copied-and-pasted text files into e-mail and sent home. Not just to save space on hard drives, but because [no offense], I'll be updated with Microsoft Suite Office software soon. [over the years I've learned that personal files and pictures can be forfeited when I'm issued a new computer CPU, operating system or major programs update].

No comments: