Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Week 3: Exercise 5 Discovering Flickr

Well I've discovered Flickr and I found it a mixture of fun and frustration.
Getting it to work for me was like continually driving around the block to find a house address number.
I guess my problem is a mixture of the learning curve on the program and my lack of intuitiveness about it.

Frustrating, because I really enjoy the mass collection of visuals, but it's hard getting it to do what I want; seeing the pictures I like and maybe saving them as wallpapers. Every task I attempt with it seems to take multiple passes to make work.

I posted a photo to my blog, but it wasn't from Flickr. When I tried to do upload from Flickr [a Yahoo account program] to my blog on Blogger [a Google account program] Blogger wanted me to set up a Google account.
Now I have a new laptop computer at home that I've been using to surf and pay bills online, and I know I'll benefit from the exposure to new "Gadgets and Gizmos" and website tools from iHCPL...
...but with all the bill-paying I've been setting up home I'm just so SICK of creating usernames and passwords and account numbers and verification trivia questions by the dozens.
Each one opens a floodgate of "account status" response ads too that aren't exactly SPAM, so they flood my inbox. Cripes!

No comments: