Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Week #6 #14 Technorati Not-Me?

I have to say I didn't find all that much in Technorati to interest me personally. I enjoyed poking around in the popular topics to see what was there, but I was never able to surf too deep before any one topic seemed to peter out on me. And the search tags and widgets didn't seem to be much help to me.

I tried searching topics, wandering through the 100 most popular ones, reading what people had to say about my favorite interests and what news they contained about any of them...

...but it never seemed to result in very much. I tried multiple times on multiple days on multiple topics to find things of interest, but just about the time I thought I had moved beyond "investigating and learning new things" into actually "wasting work time web surfing" is when the topic would more-or-less dead end for me.

Of course, it may also have something to do with my general lack of interest in blogging and on-line socializing to any real degree. I enjoy the web and the tools and information it offers me, but I'd rather use my time to discover and read things of interest than communicate and debate with others over what I've found. Even knowing that sharing with others is a great way to discover things in the first place, I'd rather use the time I'd spend communicating back and forth with others on my personal research [since my free time is particularly valuable to me].
But at least now I know Technorati is there if my needs grow to wanting to use it.

No comments: