Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Week 6: #15 Library 2.0 Philosophy - I Like Getting What I Want!

I'm very much a believer in a "Library 2.0" and the future of collections. And I'm excited by the possibilities, because I like getting what I want!

I own a variety of personal collections myself. And every time I get to "play" with them I notice new things, which raises new questions about them. And I like going on-line and getting my answers quickly. [cause there's hardly anything more fun than finding the elusive answer to an annoying question].

I love being able to literally "ask" the world wide web [or library on-line databases] and get the instant gratification of an answer. Especially at work, when I can then stop at a store on the way home and know exactly what item I need to purchase .
Or when a bothersome trivia question pops into my head, and I can get a quick answer and go back to my duties [instead of having it nag me all day].
And I'm a library customer as well as employee. There've been many times when I've learned of an interesting book, music CD, videocassette or DVD, and been anxious to see it, and been thrilled to learn I could obtain it easily from my own library system!

So, because I have fun with my own collections I appreciate new concepts in storage, access, space-saving formats, and anything else that can give me a new perspective on a favorite collection.
Because I like getting what I want!

No comments: