Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Week 7: #16 Wiki Fun

I added my blog site to the favorite blogs page on iHCPL, and posted to HCPL's wiki on these two Favorites topics:

FAVORITE RESTAURANTS:
Scott/ADM-I may come to realize just how pedestrian my tastes run by listing my favorites like this, but here goes:
  • Outback Steakhouse
  • The Olive Garden [the "Tour of Italy" dinner]
  • Boudreaux's Cajun - the "Chicken Fried Chicken" & gravy
  • Pancho's Mexican Buffet
  • Lam Bo's Chinese Buffet, and Hunan Chef II [on Highway 59 at Greeway Plaza].
  • Sweet Tomatoes salad buffet
  • Baytown Seafood
  • Papa's Barbecue
  • Yia Yia Mary's Greek Restaurant, Galleria
  • Bombay Brasserie in the Village
  • Fuddrucker's hamburgers
  • La Madeline [breakfast]
  • Taco Bell
  • Jack in the Box [Bacon Ultimate Cheeseburgers, what can I say?]

Mind you, I only dine at one of these once or twice a week at most. Honest!


FAVORITE TV SHOWS:
Current Shows I really like:

  • LOST - it fascinates me. I like the characters, plot twists and entwining mysteries. I've avoided visiting on-line discussion groups about it so that I can still "have a life."
  • Pushing Daisies - I love the quirkiness and cleverness of the plot progression. The characters have witty and funny dialogue and the visuals are fascinating. I know it's a production from movie director, Barry Sonnenfeld [who did The Addams Family and Men In Black movies] but it also has a look-and-feel of Tim Burton comedies too.

Older Shows I really like:

  • Nero Wolfe - just made aware of these 2 seasons of Timothy Hutton TV mysteries by a friend. Fantastic! Even more so because I love his dad's TV mystery series, Ellery Queen.
  • Banacek - TV detective starring George Peppard. First season DVD is out, 2nd season coming in January.
  • Eureka - on SciFi channel.
  • Keen Eddie - 9 episodes about an American police detective working in London.
  • 3rd Rock From the Sun - starring John Lithgow. I'm constantly amazed by how often I laugh right out loud while watching episodes of this show!
  • Night Gallery - particular episodes of the Rod Serling show.
  • The Venture Bros. - Cartoon network animated show. Hysterical parody of the old Johnny Quest cartoons.

More favorites, but that's enough for now.
Scott-ADM

WIKI PROJECTS
I'm not sure offhand how I could use a wiki for collaborative projects.
But the first possible project that comes to mind is Admin's recent Fire Safety Preperations. I've been contributing Fire Exit maps and notes to Support Services efforts to update our fire safety plan. A wiki could work well for writing a collaborative draft document between Ron, Lonnie, Ekesha, myself and others that could ultimately be shaped into the official policy, and be used for fire plans for the branches as well.


No comments: