Friday, December 7, 2007

Week 8: #18 Social Networking... Or Not!

I see the many plusses of on-line social networking, but can't say I'm interested in it myself. I don't keep much of a daily journal, and networking would mean "putting myself out there" a lot more than I care to.
My wife and I lead pretty happy, quiet lives together and we're sort of homebodies. We like our house, garden, cats, computers, TVs, books and collections of cool stuff!
We like to dine out once or twice a week and go shopping together. We don't travel much or socialize with that many folks. We have friends to have fun with when we like, but can have solitude and some peace and quiet whenever we choose without having to "humor" unexpected guests.

So we've got a real nice balance to our lives already, and I'm glad people have this option for sharing on-line with others, but I'm really thankful that I don't have the need. Amen.

No comments: